Wednesday 26 June 2013

DIY Decoupage Tray

Todays DIY is a super easy one, all you need is a blank tray (mine I have previously spray painted white), various coloured tissue paper and a decoupage finish (I used Royal Coat). For my tray I decided to attempt an 'ombre' effect with pink/orange but you could do practically anything.



Step 1: Ensure surface is clean and dust free

Step 2: Using a flat brush, spread small amount of decoupage finish on suface of tray

Step 3: Cut circles of tissue paper and press firmly down to ensure they have stuck, with no air bubbles

Step 4: Paint layer of decoupage finish on top of paper

Step 5: Repeat until finished.

'Ombre' effect
My tray is now in its new home on my studio desk, holding all my jars willed with paint brushes and pens. Where will yours live? This project took me only an hour so if youre looking for something quick and effective to do, then this is it! (Time excludes painting the tray)

No comments:

Post a Comment